Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Big Burger Pub Critique


     The Big Burger Pub is a local restaurant located at 4256 Plank Road in the former Ukrop’s Shopping Center. When I first walked in the restaurant, I noticed the family friendly atmosphere with TV’s everywhere and tons of tables with families of all sizes sitting down and eating their meals.  There was no special décor, just a regular looking burger shack.
     I ordered a quarter pounder cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato; just a basic burger. However, they also offer various subs, chicken sandwiches, soups and salads. The service was average. You could tell that the server didn’t really like his job, but I could care less as long as I got my food. When I got the burger, I noticed that the lettuce and tomato were fresh and crisp, but sadly, that was the only good part. I ordered the burger medium-well and received it horribly rare with grease soaking the entire bland-tasting bun which wiped out my appetite.
     I took one bite, and hoped that the look would be deceiving. As I took the first bite, that whole “don’t judge a book by its cover” saying blew up, as did my stomach did when I tasted this greasy, tasteless, hunk of beef they call a burger. Best part of my trip? The vanilla Hershey-Brand freezer ice cream I had to get the taste out of my mouth. 
Will Young, Staff Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment